Friday, February 19, 2010

Rapido, Carajo! (Faster, Damnit!)


This is going to be a quick post since our ride to Leon showed up way too early. I interviewed a female Sandinista Representative (Xochilt Ocampa pictured above) today and a FEMINIST SOCIOLOGIST WHO WORKS AT A WOMEN'S CLINIC, jackpot eh? I'm getting better at the interview process but I still get a bit nervous. It has been an amazing past couple of days. I ate at a legit lechonera and it was sooo good. I feel so out of place walking around in a damn suit with so much poverty around me but it just reinforces my anger and makes me want to keep doing what I'm doing.



The Women's Clinic was crazy, they had a LIBRARY! I was able to get over 100 pages of documents copied to bring back with me to the states. It's so amazing. Well I have to go now, but I will show some pic love before I go and tomorrow I will post longer as it will be my last night in Nicaragua.


Legit lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home