Thursday, February 18, 2010

Calls during breakfast




This is where we had breakfast this morning. They gave us REAL butter. I knew it was real butter because it tasted like something I had never tasted before and it was amazing! When my mother saw my face light up she knew exactly what had happened. "It's not filled with all the shit they put in it in the States," she said. And damn she was right.

I made two calls this morning. The first to the Director of UNIFEM, she hasn't returned my calls and then other times the line is busy. I did get in touch with the Movimiento de Mujeres Trabajadoras y Desemplea (Movement of Working and Unemployed Women) Maria Elena Cuadra. I was told to send an email to their Director because she, and anyone else in the office who is to speak on behalf of the organization, must receive confirmation from her that it is ok to hold the interview.

So, that's where it stands now. I'm waiting for mom to get out of the shower, I've got to go print some consent forms, and then write some questions in preparation for seeing that Deputy today. Scared doesn't even begin to explain how I feel.

I also learned something interesting about my mother, she was imprisoned for 5 days while fighting with another soldier during her time in the Infantry (during the Contra war). Learn something new everyday, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home